The Hunt For a Great Breakfast in Dubai

/
0 Comments


Being a foodie, I can't ignore good food. And i'm always looking for that "best thing" where I know that I can have a great experience every single time.

Coming from Amman, Jordan, nothing beats "The Bake House" breakfast, my favourite spot for amazing breakfasts, every single time. It has been my to-go place for over 10 years, and ever since I moved to Dubai, I'm still looking for a place that makes me feel the same... Full and satisfied.

With that being said, I have tried few place around Dubai, in search for "the one". Below is my rating for the places I tried:

1. Eggspectation: No wonder this place is on the top of my list, as it is literally one of the best places for food in general and breakfast in particular. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's a bit over priced compared to other restaurants, but it's worth indulging in every once in a while. (4.5 stars out of 5)

2. IHOP: I'm not a big fan of IHOP. I tried it only 3 times in the past 3 years, and every time I forget why I don't go there anymore. The portions are big enough and the food is good, but it's not awesome. And for a place called "International House of Pancakes", their pancakes are not that good! (3.5 stars out of 5)

3. Cafe Bateel: The food here is actually good. Their breakfasts are yummy and beautiful (the eye eats first, right?), but my problem was that the portions are kind of small, compared to other places. I hate leaving a place and still feeling hungry, you know? (4 stars out of 5)

4. The Cheesecake Factory: This place was a real disappointment. With its overpriced meals and not-so-yummy food, I felt kind of cheated. (2 stars out of 5)

5. Urban Cafe: This was the place where I had my first breakfast in Dubai 2 years ago. It was the welcome outing for joining a new company, and that's where I had the best Waffle I ever had in Dubai. Sadly, they don't make them anymore. Their new menu has all kind of healthy food, which is not appealing to me. But generally, their food is good and yummy. (3.5 stars out of 5)

Any suggestions are welcome. Just leave a comment below.


You may also like

No comments: