That’s Why They Are Called Social Networks!

/
0 Comments

Tomorrow marks 2 years since I started working in the Social Media field which I enjoy and feel that it fits me perfectly… being a person that rarely shuts up, I need a space to say whatever I want, whenever I want and not afraid to be judged… or actually, don’t care to be judged!

Of course, working in social media is different from what people think; I mean, I do spend all day on Facebook and Twitter, I read blog posts and articles, I look for interesting and funny topics to talk about… okay, I guess it is what people think it is J

So because I spend around 9 hours minimum per day on social networks, I am obliged to see some interesting things about different kinds of people, so I list some of the conclusions I reached about people and social networks in the past 2 years.

  • Being your friend on Facebook doesn't mean I’m your best friend in real life… I don’t need to comment on each and every thing you post… I do have a life too!
  • If I don’t like or comment on your post, it doesn't mean that I don’t like you… sometimes it means that what you posted is not interesting to me or I have nothing to comment or I simply didn't see it.
  • If you post something on your girlfriend/boyfriend’s wall, and I like or comment on it, it doesn't mean that I want to you to break up … it only means that I like what you post!
  • If no one likes your posts, please don’t send me a private message asking me to comment on it!!! That’s just lame and shows how desperate are you to attract attention.
  • If you comment on everything I post, I will consider you as a stalker and I will put you on limited profile in case you were close enough not to delete you.
  •  What I post on my wall doesn't necessarily indicate my mood… sometimes I just like the song/picture/quote … and sometimes I am in a bad mood, so it’s none of your business!!!
  • Sometimes I have nothing to work on, so I spend all day on Facebook stalking people… if you don’t like that, remove me!
  • If we don’t have any common friends or we have never met, don’t add me and please do not poke me! That is just rude!
  • If we have never met and you are following me on twitter and I don’t even know you exist, don’t add me on foursquare… that last thing I want is someone to stalk me wherever I go!
  • If you don’t like my tweets, you can easily un-follow me… it’s not the end of the world and there is no need to be rude and tell me you don’t like what I tweet!



Obviously, these are just the top of the iceberg; I can go on and on for days about people and social networks… bottom line, don’t take anything personal!




You may also like

No comments: